Sunday, June 10, 2012

Help! I plugged in my Nike+ device and it shows "USB device not recognized" (PC)


Help! I plugged in my Nike fuelband/ sportband/ sportwatch GPS into my windows USB slot and it showed "USB device not recognized". What can I do?

Solution #1
1) Unplug your Nike+ device from your computer
2) Go to the start button
3) Click Run
4) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then click ‘Ok’
5) Scroll down to USB root hub
6) Select the USB port that your Nike+ device is using
7) Disable it
8) Plug in your Nike+ device
9) Enable it

Note: You can swap step 7 and 8 if it didn't work the first time.

Solution #2
1) Unplug your Nike+ device from your computer
2) Go to the start button
3) Click Run
4) Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then click ‘Ok’
5) Select ‘Action’ Menu, click ‘scan for hardware changes’.

Windows will perform a quick registry scan for any new hardware changes. IF it still doesn’t work, try this:

Solution #3
1) Unplug your Nike+ device.
2) Restart your computer
3) Wait for 5 minutes
4) Plug in your USB device again.

This enables your motherboard to clear all of its cache.

Solution #4 - Worst Case Scenerio
Do a soft reset on your Nike+ device